Scrolling Announcement Banner

The Lyppard Grange Primary School - Welcome to our new school website.

Google Services





Top Bar

Home Page
The Lyppard Grange Primary School Empowering children to be secure, engaged and equipped for life.

Appendix B

Appendix B - Admission to schools during the year outside the normal round of Admissions

The procedure for in-year admissions for Worcestershire residents is as follows;

  1. Parent/Carer to obtain an application form (CA1), if a resident in Worcestershire, from any of the following sources;
    • Child's current school (if in Worcestershire)
    • School being applied for (if in Worcestershire)
    • Worcestershire Hub Centre (Tel 01905 822700)
    • Download form from website (
  2. Parent/Carer to complete the application form and ensure form is counter-signed by current Headteacher (if already attending a Worcestershire School).
  3. The parent should then forward form onto their Home Authority Admissions Team to be processed.
  4. The Home Local Authority will co-ordinate with any relevant admission authorities on behalf of the parent to determine which is the highest ranked offer that can be made.
  5. The Home Local Authority will write to parents, on behalf of the relevant admission authority, normally within 10 school days, of the form being received to notify of the decision. Where it is not possible to offer a place, parents will be notified of the right of an appeal, on behalf of the relevant admission authority and in most cases, an alternative school will be offered.
  6. If there are insufficient places for all applications received at a time, then priority will be decided in accordance with the published admissions criteria for the school.

The parents of pupils resident outside Worcestershire, but who wish to apply for a place at any Worcestershire school, must complete an application form provided by the “home” LA. (The “home” LA is defined as the Local Authority relevant to the child?s home address). The “home” LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Worcestershire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places, the "home" LA will notify of the decision – see item 4 above).

Is there a waiting list for schools that have too many applicants?

Waiting lists for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools, are maintained by the Pupil Admissions and Transfers Section and are operated in line with the admissions criteria for the school. Parents must apply in writing direct to the Pupil Admissions and Transfers Section if they wish to put their son/daughter on a waiting list. Only on receipt of an acknowledgement slip from Pupil Admissions will that child be on the list. The LA will not accept application requests by telephone or via email.

If you wish your child to be on the waiting list for the next term you will need to confirm this in writing at the beginning of each term to:

Pupil Admissions and Transfers Section
Children's Services Directorate
PO Box 73

Application letters will be destroyed at the end of the preceding term so the waiting list is accurate and active.

Bottom Section