At Lyppard Grange Primary School, we pride ourselves on teaching children to keep themselves and others safe online. We have a committee of members dedicated to making sure all children, staff and parents know how to keep themselves safe online and are supported fully with any online safety concerns.
Our Committee consists of;
- Online Safety Coordinator (OSC) -Rachel Wallace
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) -Dave Groves
- Pupil representatives from each year (Pupil Leadership Team)
- Governor with responsibility for Online Safety -Alan Hughes
Formal meetings are held at least once a term. Informal ‘catch ups’ will take place in between as concerns, new possibilities for technology or ideas for increasing impact of online safety occur.
Meeting may include:
- What are the children doing at home?
- What are the latest fads?
- What have the pupils been taught since the last meeting?
- What do pupils need to be told about?
- What actions could contribute to increasing online safety in the school?
- Notices for parent newsletter
- Preparation for special days
- Safer Internet day
- Anti-Bullying week
- Parents evenings (distribution of material etc)
- Prepare a report for Governors
- Any issues that the staff like to mention that have not appeared in the meeting
Without pupils (meeting between DSL/OSC and Governor with responsibility for Online Safety)
- Issues relating to Online Safety and Safeguarding
- What happened?
- What was the resolution?
- Can we improve practice?
- Can we improve education?
- Communications with the community
- Opportunities for training and education
- Policy and other documentation updates
- Requirements for improvements to infrastructure